Monday, January 19, 2009

Shot Show

While on my way to the salt mine yesterday at the local Central FL. Airport, whining severely about how frigging cold it was, I was telling myself the need to post a blog. Later, in the morning at my check point a group of passengers came thru with gun and manufacturer logos on their shirts , " man the Shot Show was at the Orange County Convention Center this weekend and I missed it!" So, I got to question them throughout the day about attendance, what was selling etc.,surprisingly, they had an excellent show; attendance was high considering the economy in this part of the country. The gun dealers had record sales in hand guns, selling out quickly, ammo, mags and accessories doing really good; concealed weapons permit Instructors had to turn people away. Is this the sign of depressed times, 'historic crime levels'.... maybe or is it the new administration taking over on Tuesday; most definitely. I believe we are losing time to stock up... get prepared; lastly, if you are traveling by air, place your GUNS, AMMO and KNIVES in your CHECKED baggage.

1 comment:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

I envy those of you who can 'legally' stock up.
Thanks for keeping us abreast of the real-world goings-on. Shows we Preppers must be in some kind of know...